This amazing story of hope and giving back is from David Laity, the founder of Goodwill Wines:
In 2009 I lost most of what I owned in the Black Saturday bushfires. I was grateful to be alive and very humbled at how Australians stepped up to help.
Because of the money you dropped into donation tins around the country, I was able to start again. With a powerful new motivation to drive me on, I made it my mission to “pay forward” the incredible generosity shown to me.
I started a business that gave back 50% of everything I earned, and I gave it to the charities my customers cared most about. I loved wine, and I had awesome contacts at some great vineyards who agreed to help.
And so with the $15,000 given to me by people like you, Goodwill Wine was born.Since then, Goodwill Wine has given back over $400,000.This money has:
- Provided over 200,000 meals for people living in poverty here in Australia.
- Bought fire-fighting equipment, hi-vis wet weather gear and defibrillators for volunteer fire brigades.
- Funded five International Animal Cruelty Investigations for Animals Australia.
- Helped re-home over 50 orangutans.
- De-sexed, vaccinated, microchipped, wormed and re-homed over 100 rescue dogs and 150 rescue cats.
- Played a role in introducing a plastic bag ban in Queensland.
- Saved 12 Whales for Sea Shepherd by paying for fuel for their Southern Ocean campaigns.
We couldn’t have done any of this without you or help from Australia’s incredible aid organisations. And this is just the start.
Our aim is to donate more than one million dollars to charity – by selling quality wine at below cellar-door prices.
Because I’m picky about what wines to sell, I’ve built a loyal customer base of wine lovers who keep coming back. With each purchase, 50% of the profits goes to charity.
Want your next bottle of wine to help make the world a better place?
You can support Vegan NSW by purchasing Goodwill Wines via this link
Thank you! You are helping us create a better world for animals